Monday, August 13, 2007

Schlidaveur Round 5: The Final Chapter?

! TONIGHT !
SCHLITZ VS. CADAVERS
BAVIS ICE ARENA ROCKLAND
7:00pm
Showdown Number Five

Tonight is the night kids. The last regular season Schlidaveur is at hand. This could be the final meeting of our double headed franchise against itself, unless we meet again in the playoffs...which certainly could happen. It did last year. So be ready.
Well, the story line this summer has been one of Suds dominance. Over the first four meetings of the two teams The Schlitz have been nearly unstoppable holding a 3-0-1 record in those games. The goal differential tells the tale on how the games went other than the 1-1 tie that started us off. Schlitz hold a 26 to 9 scoring ...ah..edge on the Zombies over the four games total.
Tonight things will be a little different as we have swapped the goalie assignments. Mike will play for the Cads and Lizzy for the suds. Also with a good "random" shake up of the rosters, hopefully we'll end up with a good match.
Check out some 'daveur stats. This is the scoring breakdown for the first four meetings. Of course Larry at the top, but he's got serious competition from Matt Elliot, Jim Sullivan, Nelson Sharfman, and Kevin Parker. Given the way these games have been going the 'daveur scoring lead is totally up for grabs.
So.... bring on the fans. Bring on the beer. Bring on some rivalry action. And bring on the game!
An early one tonight... so travel accoringly. Anyone willing to take photos or have a guest do so is welcome. Let's try to get a good group photo right at the end/begining of the game.
Looking forward to seeing you all tonight. Let the smack talk begin.
Dagerous Dave, Bill Pearlman, and Larry Bell.... just so you know. You're all on my list of "things to do" (re:smash) tonight.




8 comments:

Bill said...

Jeff, You want to 'DO' me, Dave, and Larry? I don't play that way, but I will rub you out in the corner! That's the closest I'm coming to what you want :-p

Anonymous said...

Mike is a seive, Matvey is one pirouette away from an ice dancer, and Greg's going to be tired from the 7 rubouts he gave himself today...by the way, Scot how is your wife and my kids.

FearlessFoz said...

Billy....I'd rather DO YOU than get "rubbed out" by ya. I'd preffer to DO all three of you on the same shift...but hey...I shouldn't get ahead of myself.
Keep your head up.

Anonymous said...

matt I dare you to run my crease

OEJ

Anonymous said...

Matt - you mean - you're straight??

Anonymous said...

Good thing I got my best dancing shoes just for this occasion. I will be performing "Dance around the D" piece...nothing similar to solo piece "Puck dance in the neutral zone" performed by our very own RK.

Anonymous said...

Ummmmmm
I just want to play hockey and have a nice clean game.

Anonymous said...

yes, i agree, nice clean game...
against girls on the other team.