Friday, October 23, 2009

Injury Update

Got this email from Greg James:

I HAD A HOWARD HEPPELMANN SIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’VE HEARD THAT IS EVEN MORE RARE THAN SASQUACH SIGHTINGS…
He looks good. Shook off the crutches (although I think he threw them aside when he saw me up ahead in the office cafeteria…). He’s wearing a straight brace and rehab starts next week. He’s remains confident that he’ll come out of retirement – for the second time -- in February. Sweet.
Howard may become the only Schlidaveur player to ever be awarded the prestigious “most improved player” award TWICE in 6 months…

Howard's Response:
"Greg, my conscious will not allow me to accept the “most improved player” award, at least not for round one. It’s sort of like starting a business and claiming “fastest growing company” because revenues grew from $1 to $1,000. The numbers just aren’t meaningful. However, I’ll throw my hat in for round 2. In the meantime, good luck guys!"
Good news Howard. Hope you heal fast and we look forward to having you back on the ice.


In other injury news the Schlidaveurs welcome back Chris Fosdick from his horrific broken arm last spring.
Chris stopped by Chez Blogger to pick up the remains of his old Beercan collection and we found a gem right on top.
Nice to have Chris back on the wing moving those big gangly limbs.

No comments: