Friday, May 27, 2011

Dear Bruins...

Dear Boston Bruins,
I know you haven't heard from me in a while... since we broke up about 10 years ago... (ok I left, and you never even noticed) but I felt the need to reach out. I've been watching your recent success, not that you care, and I'll be tuning in again tonight.
Even though you are still a barley above average team, in a league full of mediocrity, you've done well this year. Sure, your goalie has played out of his head and really carried your average roster much farther than I expected... but you have done well for yourselves and... well... ok I'll say it... I'm happy for you.
I still don't have much confidence you'll win tonight, or in the finals if you do advance... and I still think your owner is a shitbag thief, and I'll never forgive him for how he's run the club.. but that's beside the point now.
I guess I'm writing just to tell you... gosh this is kinda hard... good luck tonight. Its not that I care, or even want to get back together or anything... I just want something good to happen to all those poor souls you've been torturing for the last 30+ years. There I said it.
Sincerely,
Jeff
Ps. Jacobs... I still think you should be hung and burned and stoned in front of the building.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can we arrange it so they win the Cup but the entire Jacobs clan is crushed to death by the mob which rushes onto the ice?