Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Suds fall (and break) to Blues

Schlitz (8) vs Blues
Tuesday June 30th
Dedham 10:10pm

4-3 Loss





Well the blogger doesn't have a lot to run on with this one. The CEO in the pipes was able to forward me the stats for the game and you will see them below. The big story of the night was that Chris Fosdick broke his arm on his first shift. This was apparently the result of an awkward fall after some contact from a Blue defenseman. Dr. Jasse was heard commenting that he was on the ice and 5 feet away from him and didn't have any idea what had happened until Greg James called the ref over to get an ambulance.

Big Kudos to Mr. James for assisting Chris in getting undressed and to the ambulance. A true teammate move by Greg. Chris was in a lot of pain and was very grateful to have the help.
Despite an overnight at Norwood Hospital and surgery the next afternoon Chris was seen (breifly) over the holiday weekend in pretty good spirits, and significantly less pain. Here's to a speedy recovery... but the reality is we've lost a quality forward for at least 8 weeks.

The only other story line here is that the Suds were leading this game 3-2 with less than 10 minutes remaining and ended up falling to the Blues 4-3 in the waning moments. Frustrating. Especially against those guys.
Anyone with a story to tell or any kind of information on how the game went please PLEASE add it in the comments or email me.
Thanks. Here are the stats from Matty.

3-4 loss vs the Blues

1st Goal by Neil
2nd Goal by Neil
3rd Goal by Scott

2nd slashing Campbell
3rd slashing Larry

1st broken wrist - Chris


This was the pic Chris sent me while waiting for surgery on Wednesday morning.

Um... ow.

Chris just checked in with an account of how this went down. Here he is:

"The story: As you now we were getting great pressure on them that 1st shift. I had been in scrum in front of the net and flipped the puck toward a yawning net, when the sprawling goalie made an unbelievable stop with the tip of his outstreched glove. They got control behind the net, and I started moving back (toward our end), when their Defenceman tried to make a breakout pass that I intercepted in my skates, bounced out to my stick and I turned and whipped a shot at the net from the middle slot. Simultaneously, their other defenceman hit me from behind (remember I was aleady spinning to get that shot off), and as I fell my whole body was spinning. So, my right hand which is my downstick hand was away from my body and was accelerated as I spun and crashed down with all the force of my body and the spinning motion right on my hand (I was still holding onto the stick, which I think may have added to the shock). So, both bones broke about an inch above my wrist (thank god). Now they are plated and screwed together, and feeling much better. It still is a major pain in the ass, and I don't recommend it to anyone."

Thanks Chris, and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Everyone has been asking about you and hopes you are feeling better soon.
Good luck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your typing fine, come on man, you can play and probably cause some damage with a cast under a pseudo glove.

:-) Feel better Chris
Pete